Le Musée Suisse de l'Orgue - Roche (VD)
Roche (VD)

Historical

Serinette construite vers 1800

A BARN POST FORM THE FIFTEENTH CENTURY

Already during the Middle Ages, the canons of the Grand-Saint-Bernard had marked out the road leading to the famous pass having the same name of post houses particularly intended to the pilgrims.

Dating back to the fifteenth century and nowadays preserved as it was on the eighteenth century, the barn post, now dedicated to the organ, was part of the post house of Roche, of which it is today the last remnant. Its successive renovations allowed the place to take in the collection of the Museum of the Organ in 1983. The building shows an extraordinary framework from the eighteenth century.

Home page | Presentation | Association |
Historical
| Address and useful information |